To apply for admission to the Educating Bilingual Learners Online Graduate Certificate, complete the application process, which begins at the link below. Applicants must have completed a Baccalaureate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university. We are accepting applications for the Summer 2023 term. The application deadline is March 24, 11:59 p.m. EST. Apply now to avoid last minute processing delays.
Applications will be evaluated upon receipt of all required documentation:
- A personal statement from the applicant addressing their reasons for applying and his/her plans for using the knowledge and skills gained from the certificate program in the future (uploaded).
- One letter of reference from an individual who can address the candidate's potential for success (electronically submitted).
- Current resume or CV (uploaded).
- Unofficial transcript(s) for all undergraduate and graduate coursework (uploaded).
- Official college transcript(s) mailed to The Graduate School (see address below). Please note that official transcripts from the student’s previous experience at UConn are not required.
- Successful candidates normally meet the recommended 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- If you use the results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), you must have a minimum overall score of 550 for the paper-based test or 79 for the internet-based test.
- When completing the online application form, under the Intended Program tab select:
- Levels of Study: Certificate
- Academic Areas: Education
- Program: Educating Bilingual Learners Grad Certificate
- Campus: Online
- The GRE and Residence Affidavit are not required.
- Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) on the application are required fields.
- A non-refundable $75 application fee.*
- After you apply, are admitted, and accept an offer of admission, please send The Graduate School your Official Transcript(s) in one envelope to the address listed below. Or, if your school(s) offer an electronic transcript service email them to email@example.com.
University of Connecticut
The Graduate School
Whetten Graduate Center
438 Whitney Road Ext., Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269-1152
Applications are evaluated as soon as the student's file is complete.
If you have any questions on how to use the online application system, please contact The Graduate School at 860-486-3617.
International Students: This program is a part-time and online program. Pursuant to U.S. immigration regulations, the University of Connecticut may not sponsor F-1 and J-1 visas for the purpose of coming to the U.S. for enrollment in this program. International students may enroll in this program if they are currently in the U.S. in another visa status that permits foreign nationals to engage in school enrollment while meeting their primary visa objective, or if they complete the program from their home country.
*For Current UConn Students: The application fee will be waived for students currently enrolled in a UConn graduate program (certificate, master’s, or doctoral) when they apply to another graduate program (certificate, master’s, or doctoral). Similarly, if a student completes a UConn graduate program (certificate, master’s, or doctorate) and is applying for admission in the semester that immediately follows, the application fee will be waived automatically when an application is submitted and finalized. However, if there is a break in enrollment, the application fee will be required.